Sunday 27 January 2013

18 months old

The easiest way to tell this story is to start when I was about 18 months old. My parents, my older brother, and I moved into a house just outside of Kernersville, NC, and in this house is where we have all come to believe in the paranormal.
The first event that led to suspicion occurred on the very first week that we lived in this house. Out of curiosity one evening, my father got the urge to explore the attic of our new home. However, the only thing in the attic was a box of toys, which was sitting alone at the far end of the attic, too far from arm's reach to just reach out and grab. Dad carried the box down from the attic where he explored the contents.
According to my mother, the box was labeled "Abby's toys" and was basically filled with girls toys, which included a stuffed teddy bear. My father saw the teddy bear and decided to give it to my 5 year old brother. After dad got the bear from the box, he sat the box right beside the crawlspace back inside the attic. My brother slept with the bear that night, but the next morning my brother couldn't find it anywhere. My parents looked all over his room for the bear but couldn't find it. After eliminating all possible "hiding places", my dad got an idea to look inside the attic to see if there was another "new" toy to replace the bear. To his surprise, the bear was back inside the box of "Abby's toys", which was pushed back into its original spot in the back side of the attic.
Since that day (almost 24 years ago), my family has remained in that house. Strange things have happened which we cannot be absolutely sure were related. Such as lights turning on and off on their own, doors shutting violently on their own when no windows were open, and footsteps being heard by all of us on separate occasions that sounded like they were being made by a child. But nothing can compare to when I was 18 years old and I saw the little girl, who I assume was Abby for the first time.
At about 12:30am, I was in our living room watching "Rush Hour" on the USA channel. I was sitting in our recliner waiting for "Rush Hour 2" to start when a hand grasping the bathroom doorway caught my attention from down the hallway. I watched as the hand was retracted back into the bathroom and stared with curiosity. As I watched the doorway, a little girl wearing a white nightgown walked from the bathroom into my parents bedroom across the hall. The girl was nothing like what you see in movies. She looked just like a living breathing person, with long dark hair and extremely pale skin. She wasn't ugly or scary looking, nor did she glow or move at a high speed. She walked at a normal pace across the hall. My dad was asleep in the living room floor as I tried desperately to scream at the top of my lungs but could only produce a whisper. For about 2 or 3 minutes, I literally could not move a muscle in my body. When I was finally able to move, I woke my dad, told him to go to bed, and said nothing about what I saw because I didn't think he would have accepted it.
The very next morning my dad was in the dining room with a cup of coffee sitting untouched in front of him as he stared off into space. When I asked him what was wrong, he began to tell me about the little girl that stood beside his bed and asked for help when he woke up in the middle of the night. The little girl he described was the same girl I saw earlier that night.
It has been almost 7 years since I saw her that night and I haven't really said anything about her to anyone due to the fact that most people would try to tell me that it was something other than what I know it was. Until about 2 months ago, I was talking to my mom about that night, while I sat in the same chair I was sitting in when I saw her. Jokingly, I told her I would take a picture of the little girl with my iPhone, and I held it up and took a very random picture down the hallway.
A few days later while I was at work, I was looking through my pictures on my phone and saw what I can't believe I failed to see the night I took it. She appeared in the picture as clear as day, and I have shown several people who couldn't even look at the picture for more than a second.
If anyone can tell me if there is a way to upload pictures on this website, I will be glad to do so. It would help to validate this experience a great deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment