Thursday 28 February 2013

God My Father

God My Father
    
  I am Egyptian. After I graduated from the University of Cairo, I decided to go to Jordan to look for work.
One night I was very sad and desperate. I was feeling very down and I didn’t know where to go. I was walking without any direction, when I saw a church building and some people inside. I heard songs and asked myself, “What they are doing there?”
I believed that these Christians worshiped three gods. A voice inside me kept pushing me to go in and see what was going on. Our religion prohibits us from entering a church, but I was very sad and was willing to do anything to forget my sadness.
I went in and sat on the bench in the last row. After the songs were finished, a tiny man stood and started to talk about God the Father. I was shocked. How could this person call God a father? This was the first time in my life I had heard this. The man read from a book, “And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink. Do not worry about it. For the pagan world runs after all such things and your Father knows that you need them.” Luke 12: 29-30.
He started to explain, saying that God our Father knows our sadness, hurt feelings, and what we are going through. He is listening to us. He stated that we can talk with our heavenly Father, explain our problems to Him, and He will answer. I felt that this person was talking directly to me.
When I went home, every word stuck in my mind. I couldn’t sleep that night, and I found myself repeating, “God my Father, please help me.”
The following week I went back to the same church and asked somebody to help me understand more about my heavenly Father and the Bible. I became a follower of Jesus Christ, enjoying God’s fatherhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment